Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Making a read and trusting it

There is a big difference between winning players and losing players. One reason is losing players tend to just play their cards and not the player. Sometimes a winning player doesnt need AA or KK to win games. Today I have a few examples of knowing your opponent and making a read to win pots.

PitaJake: posts the small blind $10.00
ultrafan: posts the big blind $20.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [8h,8d]
misdirection81: folds
Hardcore54: folds
BillsFan1951: folds
Lil Stealth: raises $40.00 to $60.00
PitaJake: raises $200.00 to $260.00
ultrafan: folds
Lil Stealth: calls $200.00
--- DEALING FLOP [9d,6h,6d]
PitaJake: bets $500.00
Lil Stealth: goes all in $1250.00
PitaJake: calls $750.00
Lil Stealth: shows [8h 8d]
PitaJake: shows [As Kc]
--- DEALING TURN [3h]
--- DEALING RIVER [9s]
PitaJake: shows [As Kc]
Lil Stealth: shows [8h 8d]
Hand 2237745914:
Lil Stealth: wins main pot($3040.00)

In this first hand it is very early in the game so this makes this read a bit better. Its folded to me on the button and I open to my standard 3x raise with 88. The SB is an unknown player to me and he repops me a very large amount taking it to 260. This huge 3 bet is normally a huge sign from losing player that he is holding AK hoping to get it in preflop. I decide this is the case here and smooth call knowing if that if I avoid an A or K my 88 will be good. So the flop is 966 and he bets about the pot and at this point I could fold but I called pre putting him on AK so I have to go with my read. I shove to possible get a fold but he snaps it off with AK as I thought. Im happy no matter what because I know I made the right play and got it in good. Luckily my hand holds and I scoop and early big pot.

Lil Stealth: posts the small blind $50.00
misdirection81: posts the big blind $100.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [6d,9s]
BillsFan1951: folds
Lil Stealth: calls $50.00
misdirection81: checks
--- DEALING FLOP [Jc,3d,9d]
Lil Stealth: bets $150.00
misdirection81: calls $150.00
--- DEALING TURN [9h]
Lil Stealth: checks
misdirection81: bets $250.00
Lil Stealth: calls $250.00
--- DEALING RIVER [3c]
Lil Stealth: bets $200.00
misdirection81: goes all in $2830.00
Lil Stealth: goes all in $1997.50
$632.50 is not called, return back to misdirection81:
misdirection81: shows [5d Qd]
Lil Stealth: shows [6d 9s]
misdirection81: shows [5d Qd]
Lil Stealth: shows [6d 9s]
Hand 2237761795:
Lil Stealth: wins main pot($5395.00)

Im on the bubble in this game with a tight soild player and a hyper aggressive fish. We all have nice stacks to play hands. I plan on raising a lot of pots on the tight player to try and win free chips while I wait for the fish to shove his chips with an inferior hand and get caught by a bigger one. So in this hand the fish fold to me in the SB and I just decide to call to make a move called a limp steal. Basically a limp steal is when you limp is when you limp from the SB and bet out at any flop to take it down there. So I limp with 96 and see a J39 flop. I make my bet and get a call. At this point I have to try and put him on a hand. He could have a J or a 9 along with me. The turn hits a 9 giving me a set. I make the decision here that he doesnt have a 9. Now I decide to check to convince him im scared of the 9. He bets half the pot and it makes me think that he doesnt have a J because a J would fear the 9 on the turn. I decide hes on some sort of draw and if I just call and the river is a blank I may be able to get more from him on a river bluff. A great river card hits with a harmless 3 and now I need to decide how to get chips from him. The route I choose is a "stealthy" one I might say lol. I bet 200 into a 1000 chip pot. This firmly puts the thought of me holding a weak J in my hand that he may be able to push me off. My opponent obliges my request and goes all in and get a snap call from me. He shows a busted flush and I take a nice chip lead along with a smile to heads up.

cadillacrider00: posts the small blind $15.00
Lil Stealth: posts the big blind $30.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [4d,8s]
money makn marv: calls $30.00
vanb77: folds
Beau Koo Jack: folds
cadillacrider00: calls $15.00
Lil Stealth: checks
--- DEALING FLOP [3h,8c,6c]
cadillacrider00: checks
Lil Stealth: bets $65.00
money makn marv: calls $65.00
cadillacrider00: folds
--- DEALING TURN [7d]
Lil Stealth: bets $110.00
money makn marv: calls $110.00
--- DEALING RIVER [Qh]
Lil Stealth: checks
money makn marv: bets $330.00
Lil Stealth: calls $330.00
money makn marv: shows [Jc 9c]
Lil Stealth: shows [4d 8s]
Hand 2237770683:
Lil Stealth: wins main pot($1100.00)

In this hand I show that it doesnt take a big hand to win a pot. With a limper and the SB calling it makes for 3 of us in this pot. I am holding a weak 84 off but I hit the flop of 863 with 2 clubs. I lead out to see if my 8 is good enough to take the pot down here. I get a call from the limper. A 7 of diamonds hit the turn and I lead out again and get a call. At this point im not sure if my hand is good but I believe he has a club draw. The river is a Q that misses any draws and I decide to just check and hope for a showdown. He makes a bet of 3/4 of the pot and I now know hes not also holding an 8 because he would just check an 8 which takes me back to thinking he has a busted draw. I hope he didnt hit the Q but I decide to call and think im good. He shows a busted flush and I win a nice pot with 84 off.

Today was a bit of a drag with some bad beats but I had to be happy with the way I played.  I just made a sick comeback to end the night on the positive side.

Stealth out!

Games Played: 25
Profit: $107.30
Hrs: 7.5
$/Hr: $14.34

No comments:

Post a Comment