Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remembering what level im playing

After playing a whole year at mostly the top buy-in 6max SNGs online I have developed good hand reading and other different skills to help me succeed. A lot of that is thanks to my old coach/staker Brett Fox aka bballwiz. I have made some huge laydowns and after my first day of returning to the lower level of 13 dollar games I have to remind myself that this is a completely different animal.

Lil Stealth: posts the small blind $10.00
kidmayhem: posts the big blind $20.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [Jc,Js]
Iveyfan4000: raises $40.00 to $60.00
FlopZilla_: folds
bulldoge: folds
hudge79: folds
Lil Stealth: raises $120.00 to $180.00
kidmayhem: folds
Iveyfan4000: raises $320.00 to $500.00
Lil Stealth: folds
$320.00 is not called, return back to Iveyfan4000:
Iveyfan4000: shows [Ad Ah]
Hand 2231479498:
Iveyfan4000: wins main pot($380.00)

In this hand I am in the SB with JJ. UTG opens with a standard raise and its folded to me. I decide to 3 bet it. He instantly 4 bets me to 500. Early in the game I dont like to risk that much preflop with less than KK. At this level where players rarely raise im going to respect a 4 bet a lot more. So I decide to fold rather easily and he quickly shows his AA.

hudge79: posts the small blind $10.00
deb12452: posts the big blind $20.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [Ah,Ac]
gotcha76: folds
PAPA SQUID: folds
FlopZilla_: raises $37.50 to $57.50
Lil Stealth: raises $102.50 to $160.00
hudge79: folds
deb12452: calls $140.00
FlopZilla_: calls $102.50
--- DEALING FLOP [2h,Th,Qs]
deb12452: checks
FlopZilla_: checks
Lil Stealth: bets $325.00
deb12452: calls $325.00
FlopZilla_: goes all in $1290.00
Lil Stealth: goes all in $1135.00
deb12452: folds
$170.00 is not called, return back to Lil Stealth:
FlopZilla_: shows [Qd Ks]
Lil Stealth: shows [Ah Ac]
--- DEALING TURN [5d]
--- DEALING RIVER [7h]
FlopZilla_: shows [Qd Ks]
Lil Stealth: shows [Ah Ac]
Hand 2231475793:
Lil Stealth: wins main pot($3395.00)

In this hand im dealt AA on the button. The cutoff opens and I 3 bet it slightly less then I normally would to induce a call from the original raiser. I get a call from the BB and the raiser. With the texture on the flop I like my hand but im concerned. Its checked to me and although im worried about the flop I make a healthy bet to see if im ahead. I get a call from the BB which surpised me and its followed by an all in from the cutoff. I automatically think that there is no way my AA is good here. I look at my stats and the BB is playing way too many hands so im pretty sure with his flat call thats he is drawing. But what do I think the cutoff has? If he had QQ I think he 4 bets it preflop so I think maybe he has 1010. I am ready to fold before I remember im playing a $13 game and I call it down thinking hes overplaying top pair as all lower stake players do and low and behold he chucked it with KQ. BB folds his straight draw I would assume and my AA hold. Even funnier is this player continued to follow me to every game and was constantly making bad plays so I obv hope he keeps following me lol.

So today wasnt exactly a profitable day but I did play well. AK was not a good hand for me today. In the long run I like where im heading as long as I stay the course and play my game.

Stealth out!

Games Played: 37
Profit: $37.60
Hrs: 8.7
$/Hr: $4.35

No comments:

Post a Comment