Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing out a heater

So after I wrote last night I started to play a few games while I watch a bit of TV. After a few games i was playing great and running good as well. 5 games through I reallize im ready for bed but I cant because of this heater. A heater is basically just a winning streak. Everything is falling your way and it would be a mistake to stop when your hot like this. I decide to play it out and wind up cashing in 8 straight. I finally lose due to fatigue but the heater served a great purpose. So for anyone out there who reads my blog...( which i assume is only my gf Jo and my big bro David) always play out your heaters. For some hand examples I have a one from a game I just finished.

cyclepathic: posts the small blind $50.00
ship it1212: posts the big blind $100.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Lil Stealth is dealt [Qh,Kd]
Lil Stealth: raises $100.00 to $200.00
cyclepathic: calls $150.00
ship it1212: calls $100.00
--- DEALING FLOP [Kh,Tc,Td]
cyclepathic: checks
ship it1212: checks
Lil Stealth: checks
--- DEALING TURN [8s]
cyclepathic: checks
ship it1212: checks
Lil Stealth: bets $300.00
cyclepathic: raises $300.00 to $600.00
ship it1212: folds
Lil Stealth: calls $300.00
--- DEALING RIVER [4h]
cyclepathic: bets $300.00
Lil Stealth: calls $300.00
cyclepathic: shows [6d 3d]
Lil Stealth: shows [Qh Kd]
Hand 2244472379:
Lil Stealth: wins main pot($2400.00)

We are on the bubble and I just doubled up the previous hand. I make a min raise to 200 to open the pot with KQ and get both players to call. The flop brings K1010. A flop that is pretty good for me but can be dangerous if im not careful. Its checked to me and normally I lead out to see where im at but I decide to also check and see a turn. A pretty harmless 8 on the turn hits and its checked to me once again. I decide now that my hand is good. I bet half the pot and to my surpise I get reraised instantly. Its a min reraise from the player who just doubled me up. I made my hand look weak and I think I have a fish trying to make a move on me to show a bluff to get back at me. I decide to just call just in hope for another blank that he will fire at again. I get my wish and get a harmless 4 on the river. He bets 300 into a 1800 pot. Now i was sure my hand was good on the turn and im still ALMOST sure lol. I dont raise just in case I am wrong and he has some huge hand that I couldnt put him on. Of course the fish shows 63 suited trying to steal chips from me. My only wonder is if he shoves would I trust my read and call?

Today was a very good day and im proud of how I played. If I continue to play this way I should be on a nice road to where I want my poker career to be. I still have so much to learn and look forward to much more success.

Games Played: 20
Profit: $995.40
Hrs: 6.6
$/Hr: $151.20

1 comment:

  1. Although it may just be us reading, no worries people will start tuning in soon. Perhaps getting your twitter going again may get you some more views. As some people say change is good, others dont change because they are afraid. I am happy for you and I think you should keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete